333 Forest Ave.
Oak Park, IL 60302
In 1886 Nathan G. Moore bought this lot, which originally housed a wood-framed home and the lot was only 50 ft. by 150 ft. Later in 1891 the house adjacent to the property was destroyed by a fire and Moore purchased the lot.
The Moore Dugal house was completed in 1895 and designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in the Tudor Revival style at the request of client Nathan Moore. In 1922 the home above the first floor succumbed to a fire and gave Frank Lloyd Wright the chance to redesign the house. This gave Wright the opportunity to redesign the first floor in a manner keeping with his other works of the late 1910s and early 1920s. Although the outside of the house had a Gothic like appearance there are elements of the exotic expressionistic style of Wright's Japanese and California years.
Originally the grounds included sunken gardens with fountains, to the south of the home. It is believed that the fountains are still there, buried under the ground.